Friday, January 27, 2012

Does anyone have any good Anglo/Indian boys names for our baby?

I'm an Aussie and my husband is a British Indian. We've found some lovely girls names but are struggling for boys names. Any help gratefully received! X|||Seth, Jai, Raj, Taj, Sanjay, Arjun, Ajay (pronounced like A.J.... maybe ok enough?), Amar, Hari, Jayant (Jay), Kailash (Kai), Kalyan (Kal), Kamal, Mani (like Manny, short for Manuel? Not the best...), Nikhil (not bad, he could use Nik),





I'm married to a Nepali, and I'm planning to use the Nepali names as middle names... My tops are Elias Narayan, Jude Sachin, and Damien Aakash. I'd recommend maybe something like that??? There aren't as many Hindi names that sound good in English for men, honestly...|||Avi (short for Avinash), Nik (short for Nikhil), Neel (Indian version of British Neil).


Though unless you live in India, it'd be better to name him in the language of the place he lives. I'm Indian-American and have friends who live here that don't particularily like their strange Indian names since Americans have a hard time pronouncing them or spelling them.


If you do want a traditional Indian name, use a simple one like the ones I recommended. Good luck.|||Aashton


Farl


Bryce


Fane|||Raja|||Tinnie


Shrimp


Budgie Smuggler

No comments:

Post a Comment